Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wells Fargo Auto Finance- COMPLAINTS

If I can save one single solitary person from this evil company, then everything I have endured will be worthwhile.

I have had NOTHING but problems with Wells Fargo. I am currently waiting for them to come pick up the vehicle, as they have me so upside down on the note I cannot sell it or trade it in. Here is a timeline of the issues with Wells Fargo:
March 2006- Arranged a loan with Wells Fargo to purchase 2000 Range Rover for my (then) fiancee. The individual selling the car WORKED for Wells Fargo, and suggested we get financing there. They gave a loan amount of $21,000.00 at 17% interest. (I only recently found out the actual blue book on the vehicle in March 2007 was $15,000.00. Seems odd they approved a loan for so much more, hmmmm?) Went in to sign paperwork and was advised AFTER SIGNING EVERYTHING that I needed to put $1,000.00 down payment. I advised my loan officer I did not have $1,000.00, and if my fiancee wanted vehicle, he would have to make the down. The L/O (Terrence) said no problem, he would hold the paperwork for 72 hours and if no down payment was deposited, the deal would not be processed. (LIE NUMBER 1)
24 hours passed, and I called Terrance to tell him that we were not going with Wells Fargo (WF from here on), but another lender who had a better interest rate and lower down. I followed this up with an email stating same, with a read receipt notification. Guess what? 3 days later I receive a call from the branch manager demanding I bring in the $1,000.00. It seems Terrance took it upon himself to submit the prior owners loan payoff and to complete the loan. He did this about 30 minutes AFTER talking to me, and AFTER opening my email. I advised the Manager that was not my issue, that I had documentation showing I had, in fact, canceled the loan. They proceeded to manipulate in such a way that I was STUCK with their loan.
May 2006- My (then) fiancee called WF and changed the mailing address for statements and phone number of record to his address and phone number, without my knowledge or consent. WF took a COMPLETE STRANGERS WORD that he was my "husband" and changed account information, without EVER contacting me.
September 2006- I received call from constable. They were repoing the vehicle. It seems my fiancee had not made a SINGLE PAYMENT. WF had been sending statements, and calling my fiancees house. They never once called me on my cell, or at work. Just the "new" number he had given them. Now I admit, this is partially my fault for not following thru and checking with my fiancee EACH MONTH to make sure payments were made, But if WF had not changed my info, I would have known ALOT sooner that he was blowing payment off. I also found out the vehicle was not insured. I IMMEDIATELY brought payments current, via Western Union and got insurance on vehicle off of my existing auto policy. I also took the vehicle back from fiancee and dumped him. I notified WF that the information they had on file was innacurate, and asked how they obtained it. They advised me "My husband" had called in and given it to them. When I told them I HAD NO HUSBAND, they apologized for the "CLERICAL ERROR".
October 2006- received letter from WF stating insurance being put in place by them, as vehicle was uninsured. I called, faxed AND overnighted them documentation showing vehicle was infact insured with State Farm, and had been since September 9th. It took 2 months to get this resolved, and they tacked their additional insurance of $190.00 to my payment until January 2007. In October I also began making my payments via check by phone.
January 2007- I made my payment by phone one day late. This apparently confused the drones at WF, because they began calling me about my "missed payment" that day, AFTER I made the payment. When I game them the conformation number of my payment, they still "could not find it in the system. I had to get proof from my CU that funds had been electronically deducted and fax to them. This took 3 days to clear up.
February 2007- My payment was not due until the 15th. On the 3rd, the calls began, about my "late payment". They called my cell, my work, my home and to my parents house.
(Strange, since they went 5 months without notifying me at all, now harassing me before payment even due???)
I advised them I COULD NOT RECEIVE CALLS AT WORK, and followed this up with a certified letter stating same. I also advised them they were not to call my parents house, as my mom was a cancer patient, and did not need their harassment. FInally, I advised them that my payment was not due until the 15th, so they did not need to say I had a late payment, when in fact my payment was not even due. They continued to call my workplace on a DAILY basis, multiple times a day, and to call my parents house. Once payment was made (and had CLEARED my bank) they still continued to call, saying payment had not been made.
March 2007- same as Feb. Payment not due till 15th, calls came in about it ALL MONTH LONG, even after payment was made by phone. My employer told them direct on numerous occasions that I could not receive calls at work. Still, the calls rolled in. One WF employee actually told me "if you just PAYOFF your note you won't have to deal with us anymore." {Payoff on the car was about 15,000.00 at this point.} My employer advised me he was logging calls in my HR file, and that I needed to get a handle on situation, because it was making a problem in the workplace and tying up his phone, and that the calls were distracting me from my tasks.
{PLEASE NOTE: every time we spoke with WF they said it was not logged in the system, but they would make a note and remove the number. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. I was receiving upward of 6 calls a day from them at work AND at my parents house. They NEVER called my home number OR my cell. They only called the numbers they were advised NOT TO CALL}
April 2007- Same as March, but even more calls at work. It almost seemed as if once they were told by my employer I could not receive calls, they did it just to cause problems. AGAIn, let me stress, payment was not yet due. After payment made BY PHONE, same problems. My supervisor AGAIN advised WF not to call me during business hours on office number, because they were putting my job in jeapordy.
May 2007- more calls. I WAS FIRED due to the "dissruption" the calls made in the workplace and to my tasks. I made my May payment early, and advised them that I was no longer employed, due to their harassment. Their response? They would remove the work number from their system. {Yeah- I had heard that before!)
June 2007- I receive a letter from WF saying they are changing loan from Wells Fago Financial to Wells Fargo Auto Finance. I receive statement saying that monthy payment due is $298.95. I called wells fargo to confirm payment amount and was told that yes, my payment was only $298.95 due to a credit on my account for the insurance they had tacked on erroniously for 2 months. Cool! I used my last of my savings to make June payment, and while on the phone spoke to a rep about my situation, and being out of work. They told me since I was such a good customer they could take the July and August payment and roll them to the end of the note, giving me time to find a job and get back on my feet. I agreed to this, and it was "logged in the system" that I would not have a payment due for July 2007 or August 2007, and would resume making payments September 2007 in regular payment amount of $548.94.
August 2007- I took car to carmax and was told the most they could give me for the vehicle was $12,000.00, which was the Kelly Blue book. (The car is in EXACT same condition as it was when WF made the loan. And there are exactly 1000 more miles on it.) So even if sold to a private party, I realize I am screwed, payoff on it is now at $17,000.00)
September 2007- (this is a doozy, everyone better sit down!) I am not in town and I get a call from my roommate. On Saturday, September 8th I received an envelope from WF. It was postmarked September 5th. But the letter inside was dated AUGUST 23. (This was an intentional delayed mailing, as you will see from the body of the letter.) The leter stated that I was seriously delinquent, and that if I did not bring my account current within TEN DAYS from THE DATE OF THE LETTER, they would call my note. They also stated in the letter that I could call them at number listed below. ODD-THERE WAS NO NUMBER LISTED. I called and made payment by phone on Monday, May 10th, in the amount of $1,742.83. (REMEMBER- I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE 2 months GRATIS, rolled to end of note, then a REGULAR payment in September.) The rep I spoke with also advised me my June payment had been short. (WHAT???? REMEMBER THE LETTER I RECEIVED IN JUNE??? I STILL HAVE IT---) I advised her I spoke with the rep who had processed my payment and that she had confirmed that was all I owed due to "insurance error." I was advised that WF would look into the issue. I confirmed with the rep (Ms. Nelson) that that would bring me current and I would be ok. I mentioned the letter, and the inconsistency with the postmark and the date of letter, and was told "not to worry about it, I had made payment current". When I asked why I was being forced to pay for July and August when I had been advised they would be rolled to the back end of my note, I was told "WF reps have no right to make an arrangement like that, and it never happened."
Imagine her shock yesterday morning when my roommate was awakened by a loud pounding at the door. It was a tow truck. WF had sent them to repo the vehicle. She advised him that I had made payment by phone, and he WAS NOT taking the truck. She immediately called me, and I relayed the payment conf. number, whom I had spoken with, etc. and she gave him the info. He said ok, left.
Thirty minutes later he was back. It seems WF said they were RETURNING MY PAYMENT, AND WOULD NOT ACCEPT ANOTHER until after they had posession of the vehicle. My roommate immediately called me again.
I called WF and was told first that I had made no payment, then that yes, payment had been made, but they were not accepting it. (Not accepting it 3 days AFTER I made payment and funds had been drawn from my dads checking account????? WHAT??????) Apparently, they are going to reverse the electronic draw (We'll see!) I was told I had to surrender vehicle before they would even discuss the account with me. They would not even give me a verbal payoff, as "this is the 5th time they have had to begin reposession against me" (LIE LIE LIE--- other than the ONE time in September of 2006 my payments were always made monthly.) After they have posession of the vehicle, they would give me information as to how I could reclaim it within 10 days. I advised them I was not even in town, that I was in CA on a temporary job. Their Response??? Too Bad.
My Roommate advised the tow truck guy he could come back at 10:00 AM on the 13th to get the vehicle, as there was another vehicle parked behind it. He said he couldn't come back, and he would move the blocking vehilce if he had to. She told him it was not my vehicle or her vehicle and could not be moved. Tow truck driver agreed to come back.
She is now waiting for them to come get the truck. I don't care at this point. I can't sell it, as I owe $6,000.00 more on the note than what the value is. They can have it. It has been nothing but a headache from day one. I was conned by the staff at the WF auto finance office in Arlington Texas. They made a loan that was for way more than the vehicle was worth, due to the fact their employee was the seller. THey physically inspected the vehicle, knew of the problems it had, and processed the loan even after I had cancelled the deal. Now I am stuck, having spent thousands of dollars on payments FOR NOTHING.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE DEALING WITH WELLS FARGO. THEY ARE HORRIBLE, AND WILL DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING NIGHTMARE.

Please share your horror stories here. If we get enough of them, maybe we can start a class action lawsuit.

5 comments:

LEEVONV said...

POST NOTE:

The Repo man just picked up the vehicle. He did not knock on the door, simply showed up 1 hour before the scheduled time and drug the vehicle off, tearing up my yard and leaving a trail of rubber down the alley. So now I am supposed to pay for a vehicle with damaged tires and brakes????

Upon calling Wells Fargo to complain about this, I was told that was too bad, that any damage to the vehicle would have to be repaired prior to auction, and the cost would be added to the loan amount.

GET'EM_GYRL said...

Wells Fargo is a dastardly company with EXTREMELY rude and incompetent employees who are not that knowledgeable about finance/financing, as I am certain I know more than they. For the past 3-4 months, I have been in constant battle with them over what I really owe on this loan. There have mis-posted payments to my account, numerous phone calls with rude and nasty CSRs (customer service reps), phone calls to my parents, misplaced payments. When I have asked to speak to someone higher up, they are NEVER available and if they are, they have been just as rude and ignorant as the person before them!!!! Wells Fargo is a HORRIBLE finance company and I seriously think that company should go under. Their rates are too high and their customer service is the pits!!!!!

Nancy said...

The following is an email I sent to Wells Fargo Auto Finance Board of Directors...
To Whom It May Concern,
We are having a serious issue with Wells Fargo Auto Finance. It started that we had no real payment issue problems with our truck loan. In July 07 we were amazingly informed by a letter in the mail that our truck had been paid in full. We call Wells Fargo to tell them we made no such payment and it had to be an error(several times). At one point the rep told us until they could straighten out the issue and figure out where the error on the account was we shouldn't make a payment because it would just be returned since the account was listed as paid off. We still TO THIS DAY HAVE NOT RECEIVED A PAPER BILL SINCE JULY.(with many requests to receive-said it would be cut and send 25th of month still not received)
We heard nothing until DECEMBER when a rep called us (Robin Fisher) and said we were delinquent we explained the situation and after much disagreement and confusion. It turned out in July a 12,000 and some dollar check was in ERROR applied to our account and according to Robin it bounced in December. Meanwhile we weren't contacted and we are being CONTINUALLY ridiculed, harassed and forcibly punished for WELLS FARGO'S error. Robin told us to send a copy of the letter that stated we were paid off to her and it would buy us some time and we could make the payment arrangement her and I decided which was for Dec 28th. I tried 3 times to email the form to Robin and it was returned. The third day (Dec 21)I got a call from Robin saying she could not stay to that agreement and we owed 1200 dollars THAT day or the truck was due for repo. I got out of work at 330pm she basically stated I had until 5pm to be sure the truck wouldn't be repoed. This after saying our "verbal" agreement was fine. After 45 mins or better on the phone arguing with Robin about her saying we were fine with the verbally agreed payment on Dec 28th now saying 3 days before Christmas we had to pay all this money AND having to be transferred to her supervisor (Sandra). Sandra (who in the beginning was EXTREMELY rude) and I were able to work out an agreement for 825 (which we didnt have but had to beg and borrow for) that day (wire transfer) then 425 on Dec 28th and 625 on Jan 11th. We have since paid the 825 and the 425 AS AGREED.
We then received a call from Gloria (who was not in repo department think she was delinquent accounts) called and spoke with my husband BEFORE Dec 28th and began a confrontation with him saying we were still in repo(which Robin and Sandra had informed us later we werent and that Wells Fargo goes after anyone who has an account more delinquent than 60 days at the end of the year (we were 67 days delinquent at that point).My husband had also at this time asked to speak to her supervisor yet she refused to transfer him. This phone call was AGAIN a total nightmare. My husband tried to explain to Gloria the ver bal agreements that we still had not received a bill and that we would pay what we agreed to with Sandra and Robin on Dec 28th for 425. After much argument and rude treatment and continual crap from this rep we told her we would make the payment on dec 28th and we would be contacting Robin and Sandra. Which we did and it was at that time we found out the truth and what was going on. We made the payment and called Sandra she said we should have done it wire transfer but that it was ok for us to have paid the 425 by check(online). She did tell us that we would continue to get the calls from Wells Fargo but that it was ok to stick to the verbal agreement that we had made. In the end Sandra and Robin have been helpful. However, we still question Robin's first verbal agreement and then sending us to repo that quick even after she said it was ok.
Then today I get a call from Gloria stating we are 71 days past due. I explained to her the situation and again told her the verbal agreement that we had to pay 625 on Jan 11 we will stick to and plan to pay. I also explained to her that she has spoke to my husband a couple weeks earlier or so and we had explained this situation. Yet she denied ever calling us. We document every call, time persons name and what was said EVERY TIME. We KNOW WITHOUT a doubt that she was the one that spoke to my husband yet she "denies" this. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS?? Im also 98% sure she was the one we spoke to when we were told to not make a payment on the account because it would just be returned back in I believe it was October.We told her we would be sending it wire transfer and she continued to argue and threaten me. She stated we could go to repo at any time (which we were told was after 90 days and we are only 71 days ) and told us that she was on the same page as Robin and Sandra after I told her about the verbal agreements and stating we STILL TO THIS DAY HAD NOT RECEIVED A PAPER BILL. She continued to argue and threaten us with repo. I told her that we would pay the 625 on jan 11 and if she was on the same page she would have known about the verbal agreements.
Another issue has been the insurance on the vehicle we have had insurance on the vehicle since day 1 and contacted the insurance company 3 times and still was charged for insurance. Were STILL trying to work on that one.
I dont understand how a company can get away with this or be respectable with this kind of treatment. WE were the ones who contacted Wells Fargo several times about the bill and not getting it. No one followed through until we were in repossession due to YOUR employee error. We will be contacting you and several other fair credit act company's. We are fed up with this treatment and will see that it is remedied. We will be having this loan switched ASAP and hope to NEVER in my life have to deal with Wells Fargo in any way. Please feel free to look at our records prior to this "error" on Wells Fargo's behalf and see that we did make our payments. Also feel free to PULL ANY of your "recorded for training purposes tapes". The harassment is getting very stressful and dealing with reps who just want to argue about things that have already been handled. I would hope that there would be more truthful and better training on behalf of your company and if your position in the company cant resolve this issue or find a better resolution then I know we will be finding a company that will.

This is just the start and its still on going

Garcia said...

I also had a problem with Wells Fargo Auto Finance Department.
The Supervisor there was very nasty and rude. When I asked for her name I think she gave me a wrong name.
Does any one know where I can send my letter of complain to. I asked her for a number where I can file a complain and she gave me the auto finance number that I called to reach them. I was wondering if anyone can help me?

the letter that I will send them reads like this.

To Whom it may concern;


I have been banking with Wells Fargo for a few years now and I also have a car loan with Wells Fargo, and I am always on time making my car payments. I have been very satisfied with your personal until today.
On February , 2008 I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance to inform that I was laid off of work and I wasn’t going to be able to make my entire car payment on time. I ask the lady that was helping me if I could pay a part of my car payment on that day and if there was any way I could pay the rest on the 25th . She told me that I could do that. She set up an check payment for the 25th and I agreed. After speaking to the customer service personal I drove to Wells Fargo Bank and I made a payment of $224.36 on February 6, 2008. I was very satisfy with the Customer service personal because I thought she had help me.
I was checking my e-mail on February 12,2008 and I notice an e-mail from Wells Fargo titled Insufficient Funds. I open the email and read that my account didn’t have “Insufficient Funds “ I didn’t understand what was going on , so I checked my account online and I notice that my account had two overdraft of $35.00 I didn’t understand. I had about $200.00 on my account just to get me through the rest of the month and now I am over. I notice that Wells Fargo auto Finance took 197.18 out of my account. I was very confuse because I made the agreement that my bank account was going to be charge on the 25th . I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance and spoke to a gentlemen . He was very nice and he sound like he was trying to help me out .
I explain to him that I agreed to electronic payment for the 25th of February , but no for the 11th of February, He then told me that he will talk to his supervisor and he put me on hold for abut 10 minutes. Once he got on the phone he explain to me that he spoke to his supervisor and she said that they can’t reverse the charge ,but what they can do is send you a check of the amount that was charge on my account. Then I would have to fax them my account statement that states the overdraft fees so they can reimbursed me for the overdraft fees. I said “okay” , I agreed, the I asked him “ what am I going to do about the fees that are added to my account for being over each day“? He said “ I will need to talk to my supervisor about that issue“ .I asked him if I can please talk to his supervisor and he transferred me over to Mrs. Beddy.
I explain to her about the misunderstanding and how my account was charged on the 11th of February and how I didn’t agree to this charge. I told her “why would I go to Wells Fargo bank the same day I had called to make a payment , instead of depositing the cash and just waiting for the check to go through on the 11th , this doesn’t make any sense at all. She then told me that she really could not do anything for me at all. Then I asked her about what the customer personal had told me about the check and faxing over my bank statement that show the over fees to fax number (1800)-926-1072, He gave me this number so I can process this information to them and they would reimburse me the overdraft fees and send me a check with the amount that was taken out of my account with out my “permission“. She denied that she ever gave him any authorization to tell me the information he gave me. I really don’t believe this is true because he put me on hold to speak to a supervisor, then when I asked to talk to the supervisor he transferred me to Mrs. Beddy. Mrs. Beddy is what she said her name was when I asked her for her name.
Then when I asked to have the names of the person who first file the wrong information on the computer she told me that she couldn’t release that information for security reasons . Then when I asked her to give me the name of the person that I was speaking to before her, she said that she couldn’t release that information for security reasons also, but she knows who he is, this is what she said.Once again I asked her so you never said or okayed any thing the costumer representative personal told me that you okayed? She said no, so I told her “ so he is given me wrong or false information ? At this point I was in tears because I couldn’t believe how rude she was with me. She told me that she never said anything because there is nothing that they can do for me . So then I told her that her worker just gave me false information ,so what I am stating is true that her workers are making mistakes on there customers accounts. One entered wrong information and the other told me wrong or false information according to the supervisor and to what I have heard. One of the Wells Fargo Auto Finance personal entered the wrong information then the other customer personal is gave me false hopes and information, At this point I am very stressed out and feeling very depressed that Wells Fargo cant help me when I asked for help. I am always on top of my car payment and I am never late and the one time I do asked for help I come out paying $ 90.00 in overdraft fees that I cant afford in the first place. The money that I had in my Wells Fargo bank account was for food for my family and gas for the rest of the month until I get paid. I have a family, I have to take care of especially in this hard economical crises we are in. I have so much stressed at this moment that I really can handle any more. Mrs. Beddy if this is her real name gave me the hardest most afoul time I have ever had in my life when dealing with customer service personal . I was crying, I just didn’t know what to do. I asked her for a number where I can call to file a complain and she gave me the same number I called to reach her (1800)559-3557 this to me is like she was laughing at my face, and she was abusing her power. I expected more professionalism when speaking to a supervisor , but when I spoke to Mrs. Beddy I received the total opposite. I asked her if any of my calls were recorded? and if they where if she could listen to then, so I can prove that I didn’t authorized the first Electronic Payment on the 11th of February and she can hear when I told the young lady that I was going to make my first payment right when I get off the phone with her and I did. I also told her if she can hear the conversation that I had with the gentleman I spoke with before her , so she can hear what he told me about sending me a check for the amount that was taken out of my account and to fax over the bank statement so they can reimburse my overdraft fees. She said” no we don’t record any of our conversations with our customers. I just couldn’t believe how bad this lady made me feel. I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance to inform them that I didn’t have all the money to make my care payment, that I only had half and if the can “help” me by letting me pay the rest of the money on the 25th of February and this simple plea for help turn out to be the worst experience I ever had with Wells Fargo. The conversation ended and then I called wells Fargo Customer Service and the lady I spoke with was very respectful and nice. I explained to her my situation and what had happen and she actually made me feel good. She explained to me what I can do and how she can help. She made me feel relaxed and she gave me hope that something can be done for my situation. I want to thank you for having employed like this lady I spoke with. I really do believe that Mrs. Beddy need to get replaced. I work Customer Service and I always speak to my customers with respect and courtesy and if there’s a problem with any thing I try to help as much as I can. Mrs. Beddy lied to me and made me feel like I was a liar. I am not a liar. I am a person who is going through hard times and is looking for some help. I am a hard working person that likes keeping up with all my bills. I don’t like staying behind on any of my accounts and the one time I asked for help there was a misunderstanding and when I try to fix the problem by speaking to what I thought where experts one so call lied to me and the supervisor made me feel like if I was trash. There has to be justice regarding my situation and what I have experience today on February 12, 2008. I wish that no honest, hard working person experience what I have experience with Mrs. Beddy at no moment in there life’s. I would never wish this treatment that I have experience with Wells Fargo Auto Finance on any other person not even on people who don’t pay there bills on time or at all.There has to be some kind of justice to this matter.

Karen said...

I work for a law firm that specializes in class action consumer cases. We are currently in litigation against Wells Fargo for certain practices involving the charges in auto repossessions. We are very interested in talking with individuals who have had a repossession experience with Wells Fargo sometime within the last four years. There are opportunities to not only assist in the prosecution of the current case, but also to serve as a class representative in related litigation we are moving forward with in the very near future. We would welcome the chance to speak to anyone about all of this if you are interested.